We’re looking to hire a .Net developer to work on our next-generation product using the latest Microsoft technologies. Here’s the skinny – and if you’re interested, say you heard about the role from here!
.Net Developer reporting to the Development Manager, based in Altrincham, Cheshire.
The development department has a flat structure with small teams formed according to the needs of the developments in question. This means that we do not have fixed team leader roles but allocate responsibility based on experience and skills. An ideal candidate must:
- Be a self motivator with the drive and enthusiasm to take on new challenges
- Be flexible and adaptable (but disciplined) when approaching tasks
- Work well within teams and be able to foster good working relationships
- Be prepared to take total responsibility for the completion of tasks
- Be a good communicator, (both written and oral) and be confident making presentations on technical subjects to co-workers
- Be technical rather than man-management oriented
The candidate must have a minimum of 1-2 years demonstrable experience in a commercial environment developing AJAX style ASP.NET web applications in C#. Experience with Silverlight 2.0 and WPF would be a significant advantage.
To work in a team of analyst/programmers, developing and maintaining the in4tek’s next generation software products including work on customer specific portals, web services, integration projects and web applications using leading edge technologies form Microsoft and Oracle.
Approximately 80% of the time will be spent designing and developing new modules, with the remainder allocated to maintaining and enhancing existing software.
Specific activities within the role include:
- Assisting with the production and review of User Stories and Functional Specifications
- Working from Functional Specifications to formulate software designs and create Design Specifications
- Working from Design Specifications to design and develop coded modules
- Developing and executing Unit Tests to validate code.
- Analysing and correcting software deficiencies and coding faults
- Peer review of specifications, designs and code.
Personal development with the aim of obtaining Microsoft Certification will be encouraged.
KEY: R = required, D = desirable
Degree level qualification in IT or Business related subject
At least 1-2 years commercial .Net experience in C#
Demonstrable experience of ASP.Net 2.0/3.5 with AJAX
Experience of structured methodologies for software design and UML.
Experience of Agile methodologies of Software development
Experience of developing within a n-tier architecture
Experience of the design of n-tier architectures
Commercial Oracle and PL/SQL development experience (or equivalent SQL Server)
Database design experience (structure, relationships and triggers)
Experience of working to ISO9000 / TickIT standards
Knowledge of XML and its use in specifying and implementing software interfaces
Experience of Silverlight 2.0 and WPF